Emissions Calculation API by PTV xServer
What are the benefits of emissions calculation and reporting?
Curbing fuel consumption by optimizing vehicle routing and minimizing mileage is an integral part of reducing your fleet’s carbon footprint. As stricter environmental regulations are put into place, the ability to accurately calculate and report all emissions, specifically CO2 and nitrogen, will become a contributing factor in your company’s success.
Why use Emissions Calculation API by PTV xServer?
The PTV Emissions Calculation API is a software developer component, available as a cloud-based web service or an on-premise solution. Due to its standardized interface, the component can be easily integrated into existing software architecture. It takes a wide range of relevant factors into account, including actual mileage, truck attributes, vehicle classes, fuel consumption, the load, and other important conditions, like the gradient of a route.
Your fleet’s emissions footprint can be calculated to help your business ensure an environmentally friendly business practice, as well as to prepare for stricter future legislation. With the demand for CO2-neutral products and services steadily growing, using the Emissions Calculator API by PTV xServer enables you to tap into this market and offer green logistics to environmentally-conscious customers.
Detailed information on usage and emissions
Use the PTV Emissions Calculation API to receive detailed information about energy usage, CO2, Methane and Nitrous Oxide.
Calculate emissions based on all relevant international standards
- The CEN calculation based on values from 2011/2012
- The French CO2 decree no. 2011-1336, Article L.1431-3:2011.
- The emission calculation based on the Australian National Greenhouse Accounts (NGA), factors July 2011 and December 2015.
- The emission calculation based on the emission factors provided by the Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs in the United Kingdom, factors 2014 (UK DEFRA).
- The emission calculation based on the Handbook Emission Factors for Road Transport (HBEFA), versions 2.1, 3.1 and 3.2
- The emission calculation based on the Computer Programme to calculate Emissions from Road Transport (COPERT) Australia software version 1.2
Emissions Calculation API Documentation
API Version 1 is our established solution that is widely used in the market. Your company has been a customer for a while and hasn’t switched APIs recently? Then you’re most likely interested in the documentation on API Version 1
If you want to see integration samples, you can check them out in the xServer API Version 1 Code Sample Browser.
API Version 2 is the future of PTV xServer as it’s designed in a completely new framework. It is easier to understand and as a programmer, you will benefit from improved flexibility and consistency. If your company recently integrated PTV xServer into their software solution, is still in the middle of it or is planning an integration soon, you should look at API Version 2