Optimisation of collection and delivery routes
The challenges of agri-food logistics
After a mixed 2019, agri-food companies must face an unprecedented health crisis, combined with strong market pressure in both 2020 and 2021: On one hand the world of agricultural production with which they must strengthen their relationship; on the other hand, the requirements of large-scale distribution which they must meet.
In terms of logistics, often faced with large volumes to collect and deliver, managers and operators seek the right balance between operational efficiency and customer satisfaction.
Reducing costs and gaining competitiveness
To manage the complexity of the agri-food logistics and gain in competitiveness, one of the levers is reduction of costs which can be achieved with a transport management software. A business-oriented pick-up and delivery planning software will allow companies to:
- significantly reduce the number of kilometres travelled and the carbon footprint
- manage sensitive flows in real time across the entire supply chain
- have a more efficient and proactive logistics process
- optimise the use of human resources and the vehicle fleet.
PTV Route Optimiser: optimised routes, controlled costs and satisfied customers
PTV Route Optimiser is a model in the field of optimising pick-up and delivery routes. Thanks to its advanced functionalities, customers can reduce their operational costs by up to 17%, while improving the quality of their service.
As a true decision-supporting tool, PTV Route Optimiser calculates and optimises transport plans, and allows drivers to deliver and collect under the best conditions in terms of safety, time and cost. The solution integrates constraints specific to the food industry: attributes of heavy goods vehicles, palletization, and multi-quantity. It also adapts to the pace of production.
With PTV Route Optimiser, you control your transportation processes: the tool offers performance indicators and provides route analysis reports to facilitate the management of transport operations and the making of informed strategic decisions.
Benefits of PTV Route Optimiser
Delivery under multiple constraints
- Time slots, large number of stops per tour, controlled temperature, etc.
Optimisation of resources
- Optimisation and reduction of costs: decrease of kilometers travelled, increase in the number of deliveries per day and per vehicle, etc.
- Automatic optimisation of routes and vehicle load capacity
Efficient time management
- Reduced time spent planning routes
- Optimisation of on-duty time: loading and unloading time, driver working time, etc.
Higher employee satisfaction:
- up to 80% less time dedicated to planning.
- Happier drivers thanks to realistic routes which do not involve overtime
Customisable interface and dashboards
Quality & reliable information
- Improved customer service and communication
- Provision of reliable ETA information
- Transparency of information across internal departments: transport, warehouse, trade, customer service
- Real-time execution monitoring thanks to the "PTV Drive and Arrive" driver app (visualisation of delays and incidents on tour, better responsiveness of teams)
- Transfer of optimised routes from PTV Route Optimiser to the driver’s device via the PTV Navigator app (making sure the driver performs the planned route identically to the planning)
- The possibility to send a notification by text message or email to customers informing them in real time, and depending on the progress of the driver, of the exact time of delivery (ETA)
Integration into the IT infrastructure
PTV Route Optimiser easily connects to all internal management systems: ERP, CRM, and more, as well as telematics.
- Smooth and secure transfer of data reduces mistakes and increases transparency
- Software available in cloud or local server version
A trusted expert, worldwide
- PTV Group is a leader in the fields of route optimisation and the calculation of transport routes.
- More than 5,000 customers trust our expertise in transport and logistics management.
- 45 million requests are processed daily thanks to PTV Group’s software solutions.