Healthcare & Laboratories
Optimisation of transport at the heart of the healthcare sector
A regulated and secure context for a complex and sensitive sector
Multiple collection points, unique technical platforms and numerous health and transport safety standards make logistics in the health laboratories sector more complex and require advanced logistics management.
The same applies for the very supervised pharmaceutical sector. Bridging between laboratories and pharmacies, the pharmaceutical distributor is a key link in the medical supply chain. Distributors manage 80% of the supply of pharmacies, and more than 30,000 drug references.
For all of these players in the health sector, logistics has become more complex and the transport more costly. They all share the same goals: optimisation and increase in profitability.
A competitive logistics environment characterised by:
- Mixed and multiple flows: medical distribution rounds (delivery of drugs to pharmacies), sample collection for medical biology laboratories, home care or even intensive inter-site or external collection rounds, mixed flows between collection points, sampling centres and technical platforms;
- Intensive volume: dispatching drugs in small quantities, every day, to multitude points of sale;
- Many strict and complex regulations;
- A very demanding level of service in terms of time. For example, for sample processing times, analysis laboratories must guarantee collection of samples at a fixed time with limited transport times before centrifugation.
Benefits of the PTV Route Optimiser solution:
- time slots reliability
- frequency of visits to sites
- regulations / legislation
- qualification of drivers
- Management of complex mixed flows
- Reduced lead times and reliable transport times
- Tactical simulation (transport plan) and/or daily optimisation in operation
Customer Relationship: quality, reliability, trust
- Transparency of information between all stakeholders & qualitative communication
- Centralisation and sharing of information in real time
- Real time ETA notification by SMS or email to internal and external customers
- load of refrigerated trucks: maximising the volume of products shipped by packaging
- the vehicle fleet and drivers
Profitability and efficiency
A trusted expert, worldwide
- PTV Group is a leader in the fields of route optimisation and the calculation of transport routes.
- More than 5,000 customers trust our expertise in transport and logistics management.
- 45 million requests are processed daily thanks to our software solutions.