PTV Vissim - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
After the installation by the setup or of any servicepack, any attempt to start PTV Vissim leads to a program crash, only the splash screen is shown or the graphical user interface freezes or is not displayed at all.
Typically this has a cause in the installation environment. Please try the listed workarounds in the given order. If a workaround has already solved the problem, do not continue with the next workaround. Note some might need Administrator credentials or the support of your IT.
- Start Vissim with administrator rights.
- Make sure to install the current setup with Administrator credentials: http://cgi.ptvgroup.com/php/vision-setups/?lng=en
- Or update to the current servicepack: http://cgi.ptvgroup.com/cgi-bin/en/traffic/vissim_download.pl?id=1255
- Install again the current 'CodeMeter Runtime-Kit XXX for Windows 32 and 64 Bit' on the client machine: http://codemeter.com/us/service/downloads.html
The installed version needs to meet the version on the license server which might need an update too: https://cgi.ptvgroup.com/php/vision-setups/?lng=en
Once the update was installed, restart the service:
CodeMeter Control center -> Action -> Stop CodeMeter service
CodeMeter Control center -> Action -> Start CodeMeter service
- Update all your graphics card drivers manually:
- Remove the file c:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\PTV Vision\PTV Vissim xx\licenses.data
- Disable any virus scanner, firewall or other security software temporarily and try to start PTV Visum. In case this works, define an exception. Examples: DigitalPersona or HP ProtectTools.
- Install any outstanding Windows Updates.
- Check whether either the desired local dongle is present or the server search list for the desired network license is set: