PTV Vissim - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can I create a Support Package?
For any issue regarding crashes or the installation of PTV Vissim, use the tool Diagnostics to create a Support Package. This is a Zip file holding all relevant files to analyze the issue, but small enough to be sent via the Support form, the Support Portal, or by email.
Note: Applies to PTV Vissim 11.00-07 and later versions. If you are using an earlier version, please refer to the following FAQ:
1) Open the directory EXE\ of your PTV Vissim installation.
2) Right-click on Diagnostics.exe and select 'Run as administrator'.
The Diagnostics window opens. The Actions tab is shown by default.
3) Only in case the software crashes during the start or later, otherwise continue with step 4:
3a) Click 'Start Vissim in Diagnostics Mode (use Process Monitor)'.
A file selection dialog opens. Process Monitor is available here:
3b) Click 'Open'.
3c) If you are experiencing a specific error, then reproduce the error.
3d) Close PTV Vissim.
4) In the Diagnostics window, click the Support Package tab.
5) Ensure that all diagnostics reports are selected.
6) Press the button 'Create Support Package'.