1) Can I use a single-workplace license over Remote Desktop?
2) PTV Visum does not start. Instead an error message displayed: 'The user maximum of the CodeMeter network is reached, Error 212.' 'All existing licenses of the network dongle are already used by other computers. Error code: 212.' The Eventlog in the CmDust report states: 'API Event WB218 (NO LICENSE AVAILABLE) occurred (returned to caller)'
1) Yes, but only as a single user on a desktop OS.
2) In that case you need to differentiate whether a single-workplace license or a network license is used: - When trying to access a single-workplace license over Remote Desktop on a server OS, this is not possible. Solution: Upgrade to a network license. Please contact email@example.com or your local distributor.
- When trying to access alternately locally and through Remote Desktop a single-workplace license on a desktop OS, - or when multiple users try to access a single network license (with or without Remote Desktop), - or when a user tries to access a single network license alternately locally and through Remote Desktop, the available licenses can be already allocated.
The reason: For each available network license, a session ID is counted and allows 5 parallel instances. Logging off and logging in again via Remote Desktop can lead to a new session ID. This feature has been introduced by WIBU Systems AG for the product CodeMeter to avoid that parallel logins with the same user account permit multiple license assignments. Workarounds: - Perform sessions with PTV Visum either locally or through Remote Desktop, but not alternately when e.g. calculations are in progress. - Do not log off the Remote Desktop session to preserve the session ID. - Always start PTV Visum 'As administrator' if possible. - Purchase additional users for your network license. - Note that the CodeMeter Runtime version 7.00 is suffering from a bug with the StationShare feature, causing every instance per session ID to be needing a license. Update the CodeMeter Runtime to at least version 7.00a. https://www.wibu.com/support/user/user-software.html