PTV Visum - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
After the installation by the setup or of any servicepack, any attempt to start PTV Visum leads to a program crash, the graphical user interface freezes or is not displayed at all. Only the splash screen or a dialog is displayed:
'PTV Visum Transport Planning System has stopped working'
Typically this has a cause in the installation environment. Please try the listed workarounds in the given order. If a workaround has already solved the problem, do not continue with the next workaround. Note some might need Administrator credentials or the support of your IT.
- Start PTV Visum/PTV Vissim with administrator rights.
- Make sure to be meeting the current system requirements: https://cgi.ptvgroup.com/vision-help/SystemRequirements/en-us/index.htm
- Make sure to install the current setup with Administrator credentials: http://cgi.ptvgroup.com/php/vision-setups/?lng=en
- Or update to the current servicepack: http://cgi.ptvgroup.com/cgi-bin/en/traffic/visum_download.pl?id=1255
- Install any outstanding Windows Updates.
- Check the installation status for .NET, the current version should meet 4.7: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/migration-guide/how-to-determine-which-versions-are-installed
- Check whether either the desired local dongle is present or the server search list for the desired network license is set:
- Implement the solution regarding the removal of licenses.data of this FAQ:
- Disable any virus scanner, firewall or other security software temporarily and try to start PTV Visum/PTV Vissim. In case this works, define an exception. Examples: DigitalPersona or HP ProtectTools, TrendMicro.
- Update or remove 'Dell Backup and Recovery'.
- Install again the current 'CodeMeter Runtime-Kit XXX for Windows 32 and 64 Bit' on the client machine: http://codemeter.com/us/service/downloads.html
The installed version needs to meet the version on the license server which might need an update too: https://cgi.ptvgroup.com/php/vision-setups/?lng=en
Once the update was installed, restart the service:
CodeMeter Control center -> Action -> Stop CodeMeter service
CodeMeter Control center -> Action -> Start CodeMeter service