PTV Visum - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Please make sure the page has finished loading before you browse the FAQ list.
After the installation by the setup or of any servicepack, any attempt to start PTV Visum/PTV Vissim leads to a program crash, the graphical user interface freezes or is not displayed at all. Only the splash screen or a dialog is displayed:
'PTV Visum Transport Planning System has stopped working'
Typically this has a cause in the installation environment. Please try the listed workarounds in the given order. If a workaround has already solved the problem, do not continue with the next workaround. Note some might need Administrator credentials or the support of your IT.
- Start PTV Visum/PTV Vissim with administrator rights.
- Make sure to be meeting the current system requirements: https://cgi.ptvgroup.com/vision-help/SystemRequirements/en-us/index.htm
- Make sure to install the current setup with Administrator credentials: http://cgi.ptvgroup.com/php/vision-setups/?lng=en
- Or update to the current servicepack: http://cgi.ptvgroup.com/cgi-bin/en/traffic/visum_download.pl?id=1255
- Install any outstanding Windows Updates.
- Check the installation status for .NET, the current version should meet 4.7: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/migration-guide/how-to-determine-which-versions-are-installed
- Check whether either the desired local dongle is present or the server search list for the desired network license is set:
- Implement the solution regarding the removal of licenses.data of this FAQ:
- Disable any virus scanner, firewall or other security software temporarily and try to start PTV Visum/PTV Vissim. In case this works, define an exception. Examples: DigitalPersona or HP ProtectTools, TrendMicro.
- Update or remove 'Dell Backup and Recovery'.
- Install again the current 'CodeMeter Runtime-Kit XXX for Windows 32 and 64 Bit' on the client machine: http://codemeter.com/us/service/downloads.html
The installed version needs to meet the version on the license server which might need an update too: https://cgi.ptvgroup.com/php/vision-setups/?lng=en
Once the update was installed, restart the service:
CodeMeter Control center -> Action -> Stop CodeMeter service
CodeMeter Control center -> Action -> Start CodeMeter service