PTV Visum - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Please make sure the page has finished loading before you browse the FAQ list.
How can I create a Support Package?
For any issue regarding crashes or the installation of PTV Visum, use the tool Diagnostics to create a Support Package. This is a Zip file holding all relevant files to analyze the issue, but small enough to be sent via the Support form, the Support Portal, or by email.
1) Open the Windows Start menu and enter: 'Diagnostics'.
Alternatively: Open the directory EXE\ of your PTV Visum installation.
2) Right-click on the matching Diagnostics.exe and select 'Run as administrator'.
The Diagnostics window opens. The Actions tab is shown by default.
3) Only in case the software crashes during the start or later, otherwise continue with step 4:
3a) Click 'Start Visum and use Process Monitor'.
A file selection dialog opens. Process Monitor is available here:
Config files are here:
3b) Click 'Open'.
3c) If you are experiencing a specific error, then reproduce the error.
3d) Close PTV Visum.
4) In the Diagnostics window, click the Support Package tab.
5) Ensure that all diagnostics reports are selected.
6) Press the button 'Create Support Package'.