PTV Visum - Emissions from Road Traffic (TR-T0124)
Learn the possibilities of PTV Visum for emissions calculations
Air pollution control and noise pollution are on everyone's lips and one of the biggest challenges. Cities, municipalities and legislators, as well as car manufacturers and other stakeholders involved in mobility, are working intensively on how to meet national and international targets and implement measures.
In this one-day course you will learn the basics of emissions in relation to noise and air. We will show you the possibilities to calculate pollutant emissions in passenger and freight traffic in PTV Visum, e.g. on the basis of the Handbook for Emission Factors (HBEFA) published by the German Federal Environment Agency.
Furthermore, we create noise emission calculations and emission maps for the emitter road based on RLS 90 and fathom the possibilities to create noise reduction plans.
The topics are covered in detail and practiced with the help of a training model.
This course offers experienced users an introduction to theories and hands on examples of emission calculations with PTV Visum.
It is targeted towards users who already gained basic knowledge of traffic modelling and want to expand it with emission calculations.
You succesfully attended our course "PTV Visum - Introduction to Macroscopic Network Modelling" (TR-T0101) or gained similar experience with PTV Visum. You also gained some practical project experience.
Due to organizational and local conditions, the duration of the course may vary. Please note the details of your chosen course date before booking.
General about Emissions
- Short introduction into the topic and the possibilities and limitations in PTV Visum
- Outlook into future concerns and PTVs position
Emissions calculation according to HBEFA
- Emissions calculation for car and trucks based on assignment results
- Emissions calculation for scheduled public transport busses based on time table data
- Calculation of cold start excess emissions based on zone data
- Statistical calculations (not analytical time intervalls)
- Definition and refining of demand segments and transport systems to create detailed analysis
- Comparing scenarios
Noise calculation according to RLS 90 (Emitter Road)
- Definitions for noise calculation
- Noise calculation based on assignment results
- Presentation of noise emission maps
- Presentation of noise reduction plans (comparing scenarios)
- No courses were found
PTV Visum - Introduction to Public Transport ModellingTR-T0102-EN
PTV Visum - Modelling Public Transport Networks and Combining Supply and DemandTR-T0103-EN
PTV Visum - Public Transport Line Performance and Cost CalculationTR-T0104-EN
PTV Visum - Creating a Macroscopic 4-Step Transport ModelTR-T0109-EN
PTV Vistad - Managing and Analysing Accident DataTR-T0501-EN
PTV Visum Safety - Analysis of Accident DataTR-T0601-EN
PTV MaaS Modeller for Visum UsersTR-T1101-EN