Improve traffic flow with smart software
Adaptive signal control contributes to better quality of life in cities by reducing traffic congestion, improving air quality and increasing the reliability and punctuality of public transport services through prioritisation. With the model-based PTV Epics and PTV Balance software at the core of your city’s signal control system, you are able to react quickly and flexibly to changes in traffic volume, density and capacity. The software self-calibrates which minimises manual intervention.
PTV Epics analyses traffic conditions locally and determines the best control option for single nodes based on the situation at hand on the roads. The control system decides in seconds whether a phase needs to be omitted, shortened or lengthened. To coordinate signals over multiple nodes and reduce traffic congestion across your entire network, PTV Balance transmits the ideal timing for a particular phase to the local signal control system, allowing vehicles to travel down a corridor on a green wave without stop-and-go. Adaptive signal control with PTV Epics and PTV Balance helps cities to move vehicles on the roads more efficiently, improves air quality and ensures public transport lines operate according to schedule.
PTV Epics and PTV Balance reduce traffic congestion because they
- Continually optimise the switching of traffic lights at single intersections and for entire networks
- Reduce stop-and-go traffic and air pollution and activate green waves in cities
- Automatically design signal control options and evaluate them using a model before applying the best option in the field
- Take all modes of transport into account and integrate public transport and pedestrian prioritisation
- Reduce vehicle delays and stops by creating smoother traffic flow
- Improve travel time reliability for vehicles
- Reduce planning costs
Create dynamic green waves with PTV Epics and PTV Balance to efficiently reduce traffic congestion in your city.