Effective evacuation simulation with PTV Viswalk
What to do, if there is a fire? Planning saves lives
Fire! Fire! How long does it take for a building to be evacuated in this situation? PTV Viswalk provides information on the time required and supports you in evaluating evacuation scenarios. Simulate, analyze, and visualize the emergency situation in 3D with PTV Viswalk.
Is an evacuation really completed faster when there are more doors or do bottlenecks only build up at different points? Which point in the building is furthest away from the exits and therefore possibly too remote to get outside? Using the evacuation simulation in PTV Viswalk, you can check the actual value of a measure which is expected to accelerate the evacuation of a building in the case of a fire. PTV Viswalk supports you in your work and helps you to
- measure the duration of the evacuation process: individually and overall
- measure delay times
- measure required safe egress times (RSET) and display them as “heat map”
- calculate and visualize the spread and duration of bottlenecks
- understand effects of fire effluents on occupants by importing and processing FDS result data
Guidelines and Standards
What are minimum requirements for a software simulating pedestrian dynamics? Fire safety engineering stands out of all markets where this technology is used in that early organizations and initiatives have begun to formulate guidelines to this end.
The latest in a sequence of guidelines has been released by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). It includes a set of tests for functionality.
This is how our customers are using PTV Viswalk for evacuation simulations
- Project description: Railway station project focusing on an optimum level of service using pedestrian simulation including virtual reality (VR) - Hatch Goba Ltd
- Emergency Egress from event site „die Glocke“ in Bremen – Görtzen Ingenieure
- Emergency Egress from the Ice Stadium of Villingen Schwenninge - Sinfiro
- Maracana Stadium Evacuation – Logit Engenharia
- Pedestrian Simulation at a Metro Station (Evacuation Scenario) - Frischmann Prabhu
- Visitor simulation for AC/DC concert on the Jahnwiesen in Cologne - PTV TC
- Pedestrian flow analysis in fire protection - IFB Ingenieurbüro