The public transport tool with all the scope and none of the complexity
PTV Lines supports your workflow in the creative process of public transport service planning. Our platform helps you achieve high-quality public transport supply at a minimum cost. PTV Lines is the ideal place to sketch your ideas, try out different scenarios, and receive instant feedback on operational costs. Work collaboratively with your colleagues on projects and share your findings with other stakeholders. You can also export your best ideas to your operational systems and use them in PTV Visum for further analysis. PTV Lines is an easy-to-use web-based platform hosted in the EU.
Would you like to receive a personal product demonstration or test PTV Lines for free? Get in touch with us and be the first to secure your spot amongst our early adopters.
How does PTV Lines work?
As a service planner, you receive inquiries from different sources such as operations, marketing, or citizens regarding issues with the current network and timetable design. These may include overcrowding, unstable transfer connections, or construction sites that need to be addressed in a timely manner, such as within days, weeks, or before the next season's timetable is released.
PTV Lines provides a fully digitalized workflow for network design and timetable planning. With PTV Lines, you can create, duplicate, and compare different scenarios. You can import the current supply via standard interfaces and sketch your ideas on a routable map. GIS data can be easily incorporated to support detours or extensions of line routes. The stop sequence is updated instantly to reflect changes in run time and distance.
Why you should work with PTV Lines
Understand the concrete effects of infrastructure changes before making decisions
Design public transport services together as a team and share results with stakeholders
Sketch ideas quickly with a powerful and intuitive tool, streamline your workflow and boost productivity
Service planning & evaluation
- Upload your PT supply data in different formats or start from scratch.
- Create and compare numerous scenarios.
- See operation costs and public transport service KPIs immediately while changing your public transport service.
- Export of public transport supply scenarios in different formats e.g. GTFS
Simple, powerful editing
- Create lines, line routes, and stop points.
- Model different transport systems in your public transport supply scenario
- Add or modify your line routes on the map, along the existing public transport network, streets, or as straight lines.
- Benefit from automatic stop detection and stop sequence generation, which calculates distance and travel time of the lines.
- Change the schedule and frequencies with few clicks.
- Undo all your changes.
- Upload own spatial background data like population or points of interests
- Visualize your data as a layer in addition to your public transport service on the map and consider any changes based on it
- Invite other people and assign them different roles and rights
- Design your public transport service collaboratively with others and share results with stakeholders
Intuitive usability without training
- Start to work without expert knowledge in transport planning software or extensive training
Web-based cloud application, no installation or updates required
- Work in your web browser on any computer or laptop without installation
- Always work with the latest release including up-to-date features
Accessibility is a mobility indicator of the possibilities and limitations for people to move from A to B. With PTV Lines you get deep understanding of how good people can reach places of employment and education, parks or other destinations with public transit.
- Reachability to workplaces, schools, and any user’s background data within the catchment area of stops and lines.
- Accessibility analysis (Isochrones)
What you can expect from upcoming releases
We are continuously expanding the scope of functionalities of PTV Lines. These features are on the roadmap:
- Demand Analysis
Licenses & Plans
Region size (km2)
Population of region
Number of lines in the network per scenario
Number of stops in the network per scenario
Number of scenarios
Number of users