Monitor and predict traffic in real-time
PTV Flows is a cost-effective and hassle free solution for real-time traffic management. The cloud-based software visualizes problems in the road network and can detect or anticipate unexpected congestion.
The automatic alerts help traffic operators to proactively manage traffic, reduce the length of delays, improve safety, and increase the efficiency of the transport system.
This is how PTV Flows works
PTV Flows allows traffic operators to effortlessly monitor and predict traffic in real-time. By leveraging machine learning, state-of-the-art algorithms, and automatic alerts, PTV Flows enables cities and road authorities to optimize their traffic management without the need for extensive resources or complex infrastructure.
Therefore, PTV Flows comes with a network map that is updated automatically and floating car data (FCD) from a major provider with extensive coverage. The software can be run from the browser or be integrated via API into existing systems.
To get the software up and running, traffic operators simply need to select the parts of the road network they want to monitor and set up alerts based on customizable KPIs. Now they can devote themselves to other tasks and wait for the first alert email to pop up, that might read like this: “In 30 minutes, the speed on Main Road will be under 20 km/h.”
Why you should consider PTV Flows
All necessary maps and data are included in the package and automatically updated
You only pay for what you need; no expensive hardware or infrastructure necessary
PTV Flows runs in the background and automatically informs the operator about current or upcoming incidents
Leverage machine learning technology and self-learning forecasts to proactively manage traffic
KPIs and link-based results are available through a REST based API
PTV Flows is cloud-based, self-updating and easily scalable
Get advice from our experts and receive a free trial
Live Demonstration of PTV Flows
Watch the video to learn more about PTV Flows. Principal Product Manager Luca Paone explains the set-up of the tool, demonstrates the most important functions (i.a. KPIs, forecast, historical analysis), and presents the API.
A selection of satisfied PTV customers for traffic management
A selection of use cases
- Network performance indicators for the road authority
- Predictive alerts of queues for possible traffic rerouting
- Comprehensive traffic monitoring and forecast for the whole network
- Traffic management with automatic alerts for 3rd party system (e.g. VMS)
- Timely notification of problems to stakeholders (e.g. urban police)
Construction site monitoring
- Real-time impact assessment of construction sites (through KPI)
- Queue monitoring around the construction site
- Activate PTV Flows and monitor variations of KPIs before and after any intervention, roadwork, signal timings etc
- Participate in tenders that require FCD data
- FCD data delivery via API
- Organizers of congresses, fairs, sport events, airports and other hubs can monitor and inform people about reachability (to/from)
Licenses & Plans
City / Regional Roads
Region / National Roads
Forecast element included
Additional KPIs, users, kilometres, and API access can be obtained through customized plan options.