PTV Vissim - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The following error messages appear when starting PTV Vissim:
'The license data cannot be encoded.'
'The required license (..) is damaged (reason: ..) and can no longer be used. Please contact the support department to obtain an update for your license.'
'The required license (..) is damaged (reason: The current license has an unknown product variant.) and can no longer be used. Please contact the support department to obtain an update for your license.'
- Open the 'PTV Vissim License Manager' or the 'PTV Visum License Manager' via the Windows start menu, remove the existing entries with 'Delete saved license list' (if this button is active), select all entries and click 'Remove from list', then 'Find licenses' and select the available license.
- Update the dongle firmware: http://vision-traffic.ptvgroup.com/faq-files/PTV_Update_CodeMeter_Firmware.pdf
- Activate the current License activation ticket emailed to your license administrator: http://activate.trafficsoftware.ptvgroup.com/index.php
- Install the latest service pack of PTV Vissim (http://cgi.ptvgroup.com/cgi-bin/en/traffic/vissim_download.pl/) or PTV Visum (http://cgi.ptvgroup.com/cgi-bin/en/traffic/visum_download.pl/).
- In case Remote Desktop is used, please refer to:
If you would like to contact PTV Support, we can process your request faster with a CmDust report and a context file: