Please make sure the page has finished loading before you browse the FAQ list.
How to import data from TransCAD to Visum?
Use the AddIn 'Import TransCAD network', found in:
Scripts -> VisumAddIn -> Import
The interface handles following network objects: nodes, zones, links, turns, connectors and PuT lines.
Please note: importing PuT lines needs manual editing afterwards, because of differences in the data models between TransCAD and Visum.
The interface needs files in formats, which can be exported from TransCAD:
- ESRI shapefiles for the network's topology and geometry.
- ASCII/TXT on turns.
1) ESRI shp for nodes (including the shx and dbf file).
2) ESRI shp file on links (including the shx and dbf file).
1) ASCII text file holding turn times and closed turns.
2) ESRI shp file holding stops and the order they are served (including the shx and dbf file) [needed to import PuT data].
3) ESRI shp file on routings (including the shx and dbf file) [needed to import PuT data].
Note that this AddIn can be used to import a model into a new empty version file first, and use the interface 'PuT supply from Visum' to integrate this model into any existing model and network.