PTV Visum 18 Release Highlights
A better, more powerful evolution of our traffic software
The latest release of PTV Visum comes with more support for large-scale dynamic models, great new features working with public transport and many smaller features which improve usability, handling and coding. As usual, we’ve also made things faster with significant runtime reduction for some of the static highway assignment procedures.
Want to try all the new features yourself? Take a look at our latest PTV Visum version and test it 30 days for free.
Support for large-scale dynamic models
- The new dynamic matrix estimation procedure gives you the possibility to derive or update dynamic OD matrices using traffic counts. This is especially helpful when working with the large-scale simulation-based dynamic assignment (SBA) models.
- The new dynamic subnetworks generator ensures that dynamic sub-models consider the entry and exit times of traffic.
- You can now implement daily signal plans within SBA.
Passenger-focussed public transport analyses
New features put the passenger at the centre of public transport evaluation:
- The new headway offset optimisation procedure shifts the departure time of journeys so that the transfer waiting time is globally minimised, therefore optimising the public transport timetable from the passenger’s perspective.
- The new risk of delay analysis estimates the risk of delay that could be experienced by passengers based on the timetable and historical performance.
Enhanced usability and handling
- The new attribute selection window is easier and faster to use (with built-in search!)
- A new special list documents all attributes and their properties such as data type or description which are available in the data model
- User-defined attributes can now be managed more easily
- Filter options have been extended
- The Python Console Add-in has been improved to provide extensive code completion
PTV Visum 18How To - Use Dynamic Matrix Estimation
How to use dynamic matrix estimation to automatically adjust demand for dynamic models based on real-life observations.
PTV Visum 18How To - Analyse Transit Using Dynamic Flow Bundles
How to extract further insights from the dynamic timetable-based public transport assignment using dynamic flow bundles in PTV Visum.
PTV Visum 18How To - Use Upgraded Link Types
In this video you can learn how to use the upgraded functionality for working with link types and volume-delay functions.