PTV Visum 2021 Release Highlights
Next-generation traffic models at focus of our traffic software
In times of uncertainty, plan for social distancing in transport systems
PTV Visum 2021 succeeds the previous software version PTV Visum 2020. Among the many new features are modelling of social distance measures in public transport, and passengers’ reactions to them.
To learn more about the new features, check out the "What's New Document".
Plan for social distancing on public transport
- Model how public transport passengers react to social distancing measures, limited capacity and changing frequencies.
- With the new “Fail to Board” option, predict how passengers choose alternative connections when vehicle exceed capacity.
- Examine the effects on passengers, routes, stations and travel and waiting times.
Analyze temporal patterns of activities
- New tool visualizes activities of people and vehicles at certain locations and at different times of the day
- Assess demand by considering activities over time, such as family shopping and recreation at retail areas
- Optimize electric charging facilities and depot capacity by examining vehicle profiles
Speed-up of many procedures
- Many procedures and tools now run up to 60% faster
- Disk footprint of version files reduced by up to 65%
- New tool speeds up calibration of demand model, by automatically adjusting utility functions to external values
Easier planning of EV’s and ride-sharing systems
- Model operational aspects of planned electric ride-sharing fleets, such as battery ranges, charging times and locations, relocation to holding areas
- Improved modelling of intermodal travel of public transport and ride-sharing
Updated calculation of traffic emissions
- Emissions modelling framework is updated according to the latest Handbook Emission Factors for Road Transport (HBEFA) 4.1
- New and updated items in the HBEFA structures, such as more LOS levels and well-to-wheel emissions
Extended import of Public Transport data
- Importers of public transit data are updated to convert more data from PTV Visum
- New tools for converting between different calendar representations and to simplify and clean-up networks